Over the past decade, the reports relating to childhood weight problems in the united kingdom continues to be depressing, with estimations that, by 2050, as much as 90 per cent of kids will be over weight, bringing about an increased hazard of diabetes type 2 symptoms, heart problems and heart stroke. But eventually there may be cause for optimism. The newest research demonstrates that the tide may ultimately be turning. Predictions for 2020 show that the number of obese children aged 2-11 are reducing by 9 per cent, as well as twenty-eight per cent amongst teenagers. So what’s making the difference and how may you help your youngster to eat more healthily?
Government and health service initiatives all appear to be having a positive influence. The 5-A-Day scheme, which encourages families to eat more fruit and veg and the Food Standards Agency’s traffic light system, which labels food according to its fat, sugar and salt content, are pointing people in the right direction when it comes to making healthier food choices. And the Government’s Change4Life campaign has definitely seen many parents looking at not only their own lifestyles and eating habits, but also those of their youngsters.
As Change4Life advocates, just making a few small changes to your child’s diet could make all the difference.
Top tips include:
* Sugar Swaps – swap to sugar-free or no-added-sugar products.
* Me Size Meals – keep an eye on meal sizes and serve little ones kid-sized portions.
* Meal Times – eat three meals per day and you will be more unlikely to snack.
* Decrease Fat – look at food labeling and go with low-fat items, grill instead of fry food and cut off any surplus fat.
* Snack Check – a lot of snacks are high in calories, fat, sugar and salt, so give healthier alternatives such as items from your nearby supermarket’s own healthier food range.
To make losing weight easier or for a healthier diet, check out Home Delivered Diets
Raj has been publishing articles on-line now for a long time. He is currently writing about numerous subjects and you may have a look at his newest website on Naruto Action Figures as well Godzilla Action Figures